Job Openings Summer Intern — Tech PR
Are you based in Portland, San Jose, or Boston?
Do you have a passion for technology and communications? If you're looking to start your career in PR, this is the agency for you!
Your Story Starts Like This
You’re ready to start your career in PR, and you want to make sure you find the right place to nurture your ambitions. You want to have fun and make sure your voice is heard.
The Hoffman Agency is an international public relations and integrated marketing communications company that crafts stories to build brands.
We are seeking intelligent, ambitious interns with a passion for storytelling, learning and a commitment to excellence.
Must have a sense of humor and appetite for working in a positive team environment.
If you like where the story is leading, read on.
The Plot Thickens: Job Description
The typical intern at The Hoffman Agency will be assigned to a number of client accounts to provide team support very similar to what an Associate Account Executive would provide. In other words, you get to jump in with both feet on assignments such as:
- Media monitoring: Scan for client media coverage and compile media coverage reports to provide to clients
- Speaking and awards: Create and update yearly calendars with speaking and awards opportunities, pull together abstracts and awards submission drafts, and submit the abstracts to nominate the company or product
- Media relations: Monitor editorial opportunities and flag them to the team, research media contacts, compile media contact lists for pitching, draft media pitches, reach out to reporters, and create reporter briefing sheets
- Social media: Research and draft content to submit to client social media platforms
- New business: Pull together preliminary research to contribute to new business pitches
- Spirit committee: Be part of the Hoffman spirit committee to help plan company events or special treats
- Content creation: Draft press releases and PowerPoint presentations for client speaking programs
- Reporting: Compile monthly metrics reports and end-of-the-month reports
Attributes of the Protagonist (That’s You)
- Critical thinking
- Fearlessness (of trying new things)
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Interest in technology
- SENSE OF HUMOR
Join us this summer! The program will run from June 26 - September 1st!
This is a paid, full-time internship for recent college graduates.
- San Jose: $17.00 per hour
- Portland: $15.00 per hour
- Boston: $15.00 per hour
Flexibility and willingness to go beyond the call of duty are highly valued and rewarded.
Come join us and be on the cutting edge of communications. We value diverse thinking, and we regularly push the boundaries of PR.
*Please note that we are only hiring candidates based in Portland, San Jose or Boston
HOW TO APPLY
If you are based in Portland, San Jose or Boston and are interested in this position, please send your resume to
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.*