Job Openings Office Manager
At The Hoffman Agency, we believe that our employees make up the heart and soul of our agency. We prioritize their well-being and growth, while doing it all with a Sense of Humor.
Above all, we care. We hire people who care about the work they do and those they work with.
As an employee at Hoffman, you’ll experience a work culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and personal development. We go the extra mile to ensure that you feel valued, supported and fulfilled in your professional journey.
Might you be our next office manager in San Jose? Keep reading!
You’re a renaissance person and the orchestrator of all things.
We are seeking an Office Manager to be our Renaissance person. You won’t be expected to paint like Michelangelo, but we would like you to be our problem-solver in the spirit of Leonardo De Vinci.
We’re looking for someone who likes to wear many hats — from being the friendly face that welcomes our guests, to the master meeting planner, the coordinator of HR efforts, the person the team calls upon to resolve tech issues in the office, and the one who keeps the office humming to a positive beat. If this sounds like you, please keep on reading further!
The Plot Thickens: Job Description
As the Office Manager, you will be the right hand for our North America leadership team, and a vital centerpiece to some of our most important operations, including:
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition & HR Manager to ensure a positive employee experience, beginning at the hiring stage through onboarding and beyond
- Send laptops and new hire gifts to new employees
- Be the agency ambassador
- Assist in the coordination and setup of internal meetings
- Partner with our Accounting Director as applicable
When technical issues arise, you will be responsible for providing basic tech support or working with our IT consulting firm to resolve issues. Responsibilities include:
- Partnering with our IT vendor to resolve computer hardware or software problems
- Providing technical assistance to ensure smooth virtual and in-person meetings
- Ordering and managing inventory of technology devices-computer, monitors, accessories
Your role involves maintaining a positive, inclusive, and productive office environment. You will contribute to creating a welcoming and fun atmosphere that supports collaboration and employee well-being. Responsibilities include:
- Creating a comfortable space for employees
- Ensuring cleanliness and addressing any facilities-related issues that may arise with Building Maintenance and Building Management
- Managing office supplies and inventory
- Maintaining our publications library
- Coordinating inbound and outbound deliveries (via FedEx)
- Working with parking management to activate and deactivate parking cards
- Answering the office phone and ensuring calls are transferred to the appropriate employee
- Purchasing refreshments for the office and client meetings (drinks, food, snacks)
- Coordinating and managing logistics for agency celebrations/offsites
- Decorating for holidays and office events in partnership with our Spirit Committee
- Taking on various tasks for the co-founders
- Manage air tickets, hotel reservations, and itineraries, as needed
- Provide ground transportation and food recommendations, as requested
- Track all expenses on company credit card
- Work with our Accounting Director to record all expenses for larger trips
Some of the requirements focus on soft skills. You must be a good people person. You exude kindness, empathy and concern, but we also need you to be an excellent problem-solver with experience in office and administrative functions.
We are particularly looking for someone with:
- 3 to 6 years of experience in a similar capacity
- Some knowledge of HR and/or benefits administration
- Comfort working in a fast-paced agency environment
- A bold, proactive mindset — you want to do more, you can identify things that need to improve, and you are not afraid to suggest change
- A background in hospitality is ideal
- Most importantly … Must have a Sense of Humor!
As the “Renaissance Person” in this role, you will be expected to be a problem-solver, adaptable, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be resourceful with a proactive and initiative driven approach.
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion.
Come join us in pushing — and periodically shoving — the boundaries of communications.
A competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate. We also provide a generous PTO package, four-week sabbatical after four years, and a flexible work environment.
Salary: between $60,000.00-$70,000.00
HOW TO APPLY
If renaissance is second nature to you, please send your resume to
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.