All PR consultancies can look the same on the surface.
We encourage you to take a dive into our scene. We don’t adhere to the conventional PR agency playbook. A couple quick examples:
- Client work serves as a North Star. We have never measured job performance by billability or reaching hourly quotas (how does that help the client?). Some say we’re maniacal about client service. We’re OK with that description.
- We recognize that our client contacts have a big say in the overall experience of our staff. We’re not afraid to walk away from opportunities that aren’t underpinned by mutual respect. We even created a SlideShare some time ago that guides clients on how to get the most out of us. While the graphics are a bit dated, the content is still relevant.
We are The Hoffman Agency, a global communications consultancy. PRovoke Media recently named us “2021 Global Tech Agency of the Year.”
Because the classic story arc typically doesn’t work in business communications — how often have you heard a client excitedly share a failure for use in communications — we invented our own storytelling methodology. In fact, we just came out with a book on the topic.
Core Job Description
We are looking to hire an Account Director with a passion for language and learning. We also the value intangibles like a sense of humor (bad puns thrive in our environment). This role involves running accounts and client campaigns cover:
- Media relations: Drive strategy for media pitching, maintain a network of media contacts, drive signature story pitches, and host media briefings with spokespersons.
- New business: Contributed to RFPs and pitch decks, and participate in new business presentations
- Content creation: Review key content pieces (such as press releases Q&A documents, bylines), and drive development of key messages and PR plans for clients
- Reporting: Oversee and review all reporting efforts, track results against annual goals, and drive client satisfaction
- Account leadership: Make sure the trains run on a time.
- Client relations: Lead client meetings, share recommendations and feedback, and set expectations for program execution
- Mentorship/training: Serve as a direct manager to junior staff, and provide constructive feedback to help staff grow and advance in their careers.
It’s worth noting that our work increasingly integrates traditional PR services with owned and even earned media. You don’t need experience in integrated campaigns. You do need the type of intellectual curiosity that makes learning a never-ending process.
The Tangibles Matter
- Brave (which leads to creativity)
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Life-long learner
- SENSE OF HUMOR (there’s that phrase again)
Flexible Workplace and Benefits
We’ve established a hybrid workplace with maximum flexibility. We also have staff members based outside of Portland and San Jose who are pure remotes. Regardless, we’ll ensure you have the right setup for home working that includes an extra monitor to pair with a laptop. We also provide a WFH stipend to shape your home environment as you see fit.
And our benefits are pretty darn good as you can see from the sample list of just some of our benefits:
- 20 PTO days
- 11 holidays including MLK day
- 401(k) match
- Going the extra kilometer (gain extra time off from going above and beyond)
- Knock-off early on Fridays
- Sabbatical program
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion. We also “care.”
Come join us in pushing — and periodically shoving — the boundaries of communications.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected].
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to ResumeUS@hoffman.com