Your Story Starts Like This
You’re ready to start your career in PR, and you want to make sure you find the right place to nurture your ambitions. You want to have fun and make sure your voice is heard.
The Hoffman Agency is an international public relations and integrated marketing communications company that crafts stories to build brands. Because the classic story arc typically doesn’t work in business communications, we invented our own storytelling methodology.
We are seeking interns with a passion for communications and language. Eschewing tick-the-box campaigns – good verb “eschew” – we’re always striving for better outcomes for our clients. The intangibles matter as does having a sense of humor.
One final point—
When the pandemic forced everyone to work from home, we revamped our intern curriculum with more structure to compensate for this situation. As a result, we’ve delivered an experience that has advanced the careers of three intern classes. You can hear directly from these interns in their blog posts:
- Halfway in and I haven’t been to the office by Brooklyn Loiselle
- Learning the true meaning of PR by Hibo Abtidon
- A new chapter by Hayley Hendrickson
Job Description (The Plot Thickens)
Our interns typically work on several client accounts, providing team support very similar to what an account coordinator would provide. In other words, you get to jump in with both feet on assignments such as:
- Media monitoring: Scan for client media coverage and compile media coverage reports to provide to clients
- Speaking and awards: Create and update yearly calendars with speaking and awards opportunities, pull together abstracts and awards submission drafts, and submit the abstracts to nominate the company or product
- Media relations: Monitor editorial opportunities and flag them to the team, research media contacts, compile media contact lists for pitching, draft media pitches, reach out to reporters, and create reporter briefing sheets
- Social media: Research and draft content to submit to client social media platforms
- New business: Pull together preliminary research to contribute to new business pitches
- Spirit committee: Be part of the Hoffman spirit committee to help plan company events or special treats
- Content creation: Draft press releases and PowerPoint presentations for client speaking programs
- Reporting: Compile monthly metrics reports and end-of-the-month reports
Attributes of the Protagonist (That’s You)
- Critical thinking
- Fearless to try new things
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Interest in technology
- SENSE OF HUMOR
This is a paid, full-time internship.
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion.
Come join us in pushing – and periodically shoving – the boundaries of communications.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected].
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to ResumeUS@hoffman.com