Are you social?
We view ourselves as an integrated communications consultancy that solves business problems — better yet, hard business problems — for tech companies.
While our heritage lies in earned media and PR, we are increasingly executing “blended” campaigns that include owned media and paid media. The time is right to bring on a senior individual to lead this effort across both Europe and the U.S.
This is a new role, but you won’t be starting from scratch.
We have talented people steeped in digital and content and design who believe in the mantra “we’ll figure it out.” At the same time, they want a more senior person leading the charge, someone they can learn from and who will push them (just not over the cliff). And we’ve established methodologies, some leveraged from our operations in Europe and Asia.
We also have a track record of executing digital campaigns that address client pain points, some earning industry recognition. For example, PRovoke Media started an Innovative SABRE category for content distribution/SEO in 2015. We have won this award six out of the past seven years (darn 2018).
At this point you might be wondering, “What exactly constitutes a pain point?” Here’s an example of what we’re talking about. In December 2020, the ninth most valuable company in the world (by market cap) came to us with a mission-critical assignment: hire 300 engineering grads by June 2021. Recruiters and conventional recruiting methods had failed to gain traction.
We created and executed a campaign that at the 10,000-foot level looked like this:
Mission accomplished. The client hired 300 engineering grads culled from over 13,000 applications.
One final big-picture comment —
- There’s a reason we’ve shaped this role to head up both digital and content. The two disciplines go hand-in-hand.
- Transform client briefs, and yes pain points, into digital campaigns ready for execution (including metrics for success)
- Lead by example and collaborate with a team of digital specialists to execute digital campaigns, reporting back to the client and closing the loop with measurement
- Work with the PR teams to uncover opportunities to expand the engagement into digital
- Develop proposals for digital campaigns; present to clients and prospective clients
- Collaborate with Agency leadership on new business
- Stay current on digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies to keep us ahead of the curve (social media marketing, programmatic media buying, etc.)
- Evaluate the Agency’s tools, processes and partnerships for digital campaigns, always pushing for improvement
- Cultivate relationships with the tool vendors to expand uses of the tools
- Identify and build relationships for digital delivery partners where we don’t have the capabilities in-house
- Believe in the adage for content, “show, don’t tell”
- Forge relationships with the Agency’s digital leaders in Asia and Europe to advance our global proposition for integrated campaigns
- Conduct trainings across the Agency
- Promote the teams’ successes across the Agency
The Exciting Stuff (not that the fundamentals aren’t exciting)
- Create productized services that can be sold to clients for a flat fee as opposed to time and materials, e.g.,
- Website audits
- Wikipedia page building and maintenance
- Leveraging a corporate blog (+ SEO) for content marketing
- Content-based lead generation campaigns
- Figure out an economic path for the Agency to jump on the video bandwagon
- Create workflows for standard components of digital campaigns
- Develop network of outside contributors with specialized expertise
- Differentiate our offerings
- Step back, consider our assets and aspirations, and pull together a strategy for growing our digital business
- Develop assets to sell and win business
- Lead the digital team in executing campaigns that build the Agency’s overall brand and generate high-value leads (as opposed to commodity PR prospects)
- Use the Agency’s digital assets as a laboratory to test ideas/tools before moving to the commercial realm
- Understand concepts of SEO, SEM, PPC and other acronyms that fall under the digital umbrella
- Data analytics and supporting tools
- Paid social
- Programmatic display
- Lead-gen campaigns (the phrase “customer acquisition” causes your heart to race)
- Recognize compelling content isn’t riddled with showy adjectives and adverbs
- Ability to develop (and negotiate) paid relationships with media
- Develop social media strategies based on client objectives and content needs
- Ability to pinch hit as a copywriter
- Recognize email marketing has a place in the mix
- Audience targeting
- Content strategy
- Project and account management (including ability to prioritize)
- Understanding of marketing automation platforms like HubSpot and Marketo is a plus
- Is constantly thinking about campaigns and how to make them better
- Gains immense (conscious decision with this adjective) satisfaction from helping others grow and advance their careers
- Related to the above, delivers clear and constructive feedback to ensure ongoing growth
- Cultivates teamwork and a mentality that the team’s success is everyone’s success
- Has knack for taking complex information and reshaping it so others can understand it
- Knows how to counsel clients and even push back without triggering an adverse reaction
- Loves a challenge
- Brave, which leads to creativity
- Can problem-solve
- Has a sense of humor (required)
We are a company that values diversity and inclusion. We also “care.”
Come join us in pushing — and periodically shoving — the boundaries of communications.
A competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate. We also provide a generous PTO package, four-week sabbatical after four years, and a flexible work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected].
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org