Greatness Begins with a Single Step in the Right Direction.
Ownership makes you happy. Being in the thick of the action and making a difference are exhilarating for you. You relish the opportunity to advise clients and solve difficult problems while working in collaboration with some very smart and experienced teammates.
The Hoffman Agency is an international public relations and integrated marketing communications company that crafts stories to build brands.
We are seeking intelligent, ambitious account managers with a passion for storytelling, learning and a commitment to excellence. Must have a sense of humor and appetite for working in a positive team environment.
This position is currently remote; once it’s safe to return to the office, this individual can join our San Jose, CA or Portland, OR office.
If you like where the story is leading, read on.
The Plot Thickens: Job Description
- Media relations: Drive strategy for media pitching, maintain a network of media contacts, drive signature story pitches, and host media briefings with spokespersons and provide counsel
- Social media: Oversee social media content strategy, and review posts to ensure consistent voice and quality
- New business: Contributed to RFPs and pitch decks, and participate in new business presentations
- Content creation: Review key content pieces (such as press releases Q&A documents, bylines), and drive development of key messages and PR plans for clients
- Reporting: Oversee and review all reporting efforts, track results against annual goals, and drive client satisfaction
- Account leadership: Oversee day-to-day account activities with speed and accuracy, track account budget and service levels, and provide input on staffing hours
- Client relations: Lead client meetings, share recommendations and feedback, and set expectations for program execution
- Client service: Maintain proactive attitude, responsibility and perspective that continually advances the quality of work
- Mentorship/training: Serve as a direct manager to junior staff, and provide constructive feedback to help staff grow and advance in their careers at Hoffman
Attributes of the Protagonist (That’s You)
- Critical thinker
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial nature and attitude
- Passionate about public relations and writing
- Passionate about technology/social media
- Excited to continually learn new things
- SENSE OF HUMOR
The Hero’s Background: Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, PR/Advertising, Communications, Journalism or other Liberal Arts field
- At least 4 years of public relations experience (agency experience is preferred)
- Adept with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in leading communications projects (technology-related is preferred)
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- Experience in and a passion for digital and social media communications a plus
- An enterprising and curious mindset
- An entrepreneurial nature, passion and can-do attitude
Flexibility and willingness to go beyond the call of duty are highly valued and rewarded.
Come join us and be on the cutting edge of communications. We value diverse thinking, and we regularly push the boundaries of PR.
A competitive salary, benefits package and career advancement opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate. We also offer our staff generous PTO, four-week sabbatical after four years, and a flexible work culture.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected].
We will contact all shortlisted candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to ResumeUS@hoffman.com