Job Openings Associate Account Director/Account Director
Greatness Begins with a Single Step in the Right Direction.
Accountability makes you happy. Being in the thick of the action and making a difference are exhilarating for you. You relish the opportunity to advise clients and solve difficult problems while working in collaboration with some very smart and experienced teammates. If this sounds like you, read on!
We are not just looking for a seasoned communications consultant, we are looking for a talent that can coach and empower the team, manage and grow client relationships, and love developing new business.
We embrace talent diversity. Our team consists of colleagues who have worked on the brand/client side, ex-journalists and editors, content creators, digital marketers and public affairs specialists. As a regional hub in Asia-Pacific, you’ll get to work with colleagues in other markets, from different backgrounds, and on a diverse range of projects.
If you like where this story is leading, read on to see how the plot thickens.
The Plot Thickens: Job Description
- Play a key role in day-to-day management of all components of multiple client accounts with efficiency and accuracy
- Drive the process and take ownership and leadership for client, time and people management
- Financial-savviness and business acumen are critical to effectively manage account budgets, new project costing, and all financial processes
- Measure and manage client satisfaction while effectively managing resources for multiple accounts
- Ability to independently lead RFPs to win new business, and incorporate fresh thinking, creativity and energy by imparting new information to prospective clients
- Effectively maintain a network of editor and industry influencer contacts
- Demonstrate ability to grow existing accounts and identify upsell opportunities
- Maintain proactive attitude, responsibility and perspective that continually advances the quality of client service
- Assist the GM to drive the Agency’s revenue growth, build agency’s reputation and thought leadership
Attributes of the Protagonist (That’s You)
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial nature and attitude
- Passion for learning, reading and writing
- Technology and digital enthusiasts
- A thinker and a doer
- Curious mindset
- Passionate about public relations and writing
- Passionate about technology/social media
- SENSE OF HUMOR
- Appetite for fun
The Hero’s Background: Qualifications
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Business, PR/Advertising, Communications, Journalism or Linguistics
- A minimum of 8-12 years of experience in client servicing and account management, or a combination of tech in-house and agency experience (6-8 years for Senior Account Manager)
- Demonstrate superior business communication skills in both English and Chinese
- Experience in and a passion for digital and social media communications a plus
- An enterprising and curious mindset
We're an integrated communications consultancy that specializes in solving hard problems — the tougher, the better — for tech companies. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, we’ve established a global infrastructure tuned for the tech industry. Toward this end, we operate offices in Boston, Beijing, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, London, Munich, Paris, Portland, San Jose, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Shenzhen, Taipei and Tokyo.
We’re a company that values diversity and inclusion. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all individuals irrespective of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic.