Job Openings B2B Tech PR Internship – UK
We’re looking for an intern to join our growing team in Europe, where our broad portfolio of clients continues to expand.
Our purely-B2B tech roster includes enterprise SaaS technology, networking, embedded technology, customer experience, adtech, fintech, surveillance and security – with a high percentage being international programmes with European-focused execution. As a global agency, we often run integrated global campaigns, giving you the opportunity to work side-by-side with our colleagues in the United States and Asia-Pacific.
You’ll have a passion for media relations, digital and social marketing, and content development, given the wide variety of campaigns we run, and where there’s less experience on your part, it’s our job to give you the training, advice, support, and opportunities to grow these skills.
After all, the most important thing during your internship is your own development.
As an intern with Hoffman Europe, you will take part in Hoffman’s wider internship programme where you will get to meet and chat with fellow interns in the US, work on projects to develop your PR skills, and be provided with opportunities to speak with and ask questions to a variety of senior team members. Ultimately, the programme will provide a place to reflect on your progress and simply get to know fellow interns across our US offices.
Importantly we’re looking for someone with a lot of ambition, proactivity and adaptability. Curiosity is essential.
Our office in Mortimer Street (handily close to Oxford Street for shopping), offers a great central London location where the team gathers together at least twice a week. Outside of this, working from home is the norm and we’ll ensure you have the right set-up to do so.
As an intern, we offer a competitive salary and a budget for professional development and training, and a personal wellbeing allowance.
You’ll also get 25 days’ annual holiday (pro rata for the duration of the internship), and there’s a day off for your birthday, and if you’re graduating, you’ll get that day off too.
Additional perks include kicking off early for the weekend each Friday and joining the team on Work Away Weeks when we head to another European city to work remotely, but somewhere warmer...
The team culture
Importantly, we’re a collaborative bunch and everyone gets their hands dirty – if you’re after hierarchy, we’re not for you; but if you want to define your own career, come and chat.
Why this role?
Working with the wider Hoffman Europe team, you will be involved in client campaigns, supporting on media relations and content marketing activities that make an impact for the client’s business.
You’ll have the opportunity to get involved with and develop skills in:
- Media relations: Help to drive earned results, building a strong network of media contacts, liaising with journalists regularly, and learning what it takes to make a great story for press
- High quality copywriting: Write engaging content for a variety of purposes, from blogs to bylined articles
- New business: Participate in new business research and planning as well as taking part in the pitches themselves
- Communication skills: Use these skills to build strong relationships with both clients and journalists, and help campaigns run smoothly through thoughtful internal communication
- Speaking and awards: Support on building out clients’ speaking / awards programmes and the development of abstracts and awards submissions
- Marketing: Get involved in the global Hoffman blog and our own European marketing activity to further build our brand awareness
- Events and activities: Support and attend industry networking events as well as getting involved in planning team socials and activities
- Time management: Aptitude to deliver work on different campaigns while meeting deadlines
- News monitoring: Stay on top of hot topics and be your clients’ eyes and ears on the news agenda, flagging stories of interest to clients and progressing news hijacking opportunities
- Reporting: Ensure all coverage and results are flagged in a timely manner for clients, leading on client reporting and / or competitive analysis
- Account admin support: Help ensure all activity is up to date in both internal and client-facing trackers